Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Littleton Photography Class 2011

I love teaching photography!  When I moved to Denver, and couldn't find a job teaching high school photography, one of the things I started doing was teaching a free photography class at my church.  This is the third year that I've offered the class, and even though our group is small, it has been fun.

Since I posted the basics of each lesson last year, this year I'm going to post student pictures and a few additional notes.

Jo Leasure took this photo as a homework assignment.  She was looking for lines.  She has reminded me that there are many people who are not necessarily new to taking pictures, but they are very new to digital photography.

 My children live and breathe digital technology.  They've never known life without it. I am always learning, and I feel a little behind, but to my parents, I seem like an expert.  One thing I love about photography is that you have to keep learning.  So now I learn new things about the art and soul of photography, but also about the technology.  I hope I can communicate some of that to my students.

So this year we have also talked about terms like pixel, resolution, byte, megabit and gigabyte.  We have also talked about all the online resources for learning about photography.  Have you seen how many tutorials there are on YouTube?  Amazing.  Check them out, and learn something new today.

photo by Amy Wiley

photo by Carol Luallin

No comments:

Post a Comment